Friday, May 23, 2008

Powder Redux

It's baaaack ... the powder formula has made a return, and here's Mommy to talk about it:

When Jillian was born we had to supplement her with formula. At that time we dicovered that she disliked the Similac powder formula, but loved the liquid form. So I was on a quest this past week to find a powder formula that Jillian would like before I return to work. The powder formula is going to be used to supplement on the days that I work only.

With Cindy's (Stephenson) help we tested Jillian on every variety of formula at Walmart on Wednesday. Nestle's Good Start was the winner. I started her out with two ounces a day to see if she would take it, keep it down, and not have any adverse effects on her digestive system. She refused to take the formula from me on Wednesday so Rick tried that afternoon. She fought with him for about 10 minutes then final calmed down enough to drink it. Thursday went a little smoother and Jillian drank two ounces from Grannie on Friday afternoon. So it sounds like this formula is going to work out. I have also noticed that Jillian is a little less cranky when feeding time comes around.

No comments: