Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MLK Volleyball

Grannie post: Wow! Three days of volleyball and Jillian was a real trouper through three matches a day plus time between matches. It was nice to have green turf by the courts that gave the kids (Jillian, Adam, and Rielee) room to set up a play area. Of course, there were the many wrestling matches between all three without anyone being the clear winner. The greatest investment I made was getting a toy cash register that Jillian was fascinated with. It gave me some time to actually watch most of the match while she slid the charge card through-looked like she had watched Mommy, counted the money, and bought some of the play food that came with it. She even pretended to scan the groceries. She did give it up for a few minutes so the other kids could play too. One mistake I made was buying markers for a coloring book that I thought were washable and wondered why they wouldn't wash off her hands very well, then discovered when I got home that they weren't washable, although not permanent, whatever that meant.
Getting her to nap at the tournament meant reading the four books I brought about four times each till she dropped off.

No comments: